This is a Little program I wrote because I wanted to use my Rock Band 2 drums as a handy MIDI controller for my digital Audio Workstation, and there didn't seem to be any freely available software to make this easy to do. It works very effectively for a simple utility program, achieving a relatively low latency.
* Select desired MIDI output interface on startup.
* Pick the MIDI note triggered by each pad, cymbal and pedal.
* Control the length and velocity of triggered notes.
* Velocity sensitivity (4 levels) for pads and cymbals.
* Load/save settings for particular hardware or VST plugins.
* Minimizes to system tray to avoid desktop clutter.
Advanced features (added in version 0.48):
* Complete redesign of user interface.
* Use hi-hat pedal to switch Between different midi notes on the cymbals.
* Trigger midi note on pedal up as well as pedal down (if you want to).
* More control over velocity curve.
* Randomization of velocity can also be turned on.